Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Household Binder

Some of you may have heard of a Household Binder, or notebook, or folder
(whatever you may call it).. its basically a collection of important
 information you need daily or weekly, that is very important, all in one spot.
Every home's binder will be a little different, since we all run our homes differently!

 
Ideas for what you might need in your binder:
  • a calendar
  • a list of emergency & family contact info
  • a catalog of bills to pay and passwords for online banking and bill paying
  • a checklist of daily, weekly, and seasonal tasks
  • a list your familys favorite meals
  • a spot for coupons and flyers
  • information about kids activities
  • a spot for important business cards
Some familys may need othere things, and some only a few of these things,
but the convenice of having it all in one place is priceless!!

Here is MY Household Binder and a List of whats inside...


Front Pocket: Coupons and Flyers
 (go through once a week to add new ones and throw out old ones)

 
First Tab: Bill Tracking Chart
(makes paying the bills so much easier, I always know what has already been sent and what still needs to go out just by looking at ONE page, no digging for bill stubs or hunting down reciepts to know what I have already paid)

Second Tab: My Familys Favorite Meals
(makes dinner time a breeze, looking at a list of what you know you like just seems easier than trying to think up everything you know how to make in your head at last minute)

Third Tab: Emergency Phone Numbers & Family Phone Numbers

This is a list of our Doctors, Hospital, Dentist, Veterinary, Fire Department, Poisin Control, Police Station, etc ( I also left 3 open spots in case I need to add to is later, and this way I dont have to type and print another one)
Also, a list of my family members numbers and my husbands family members numbers.
This is great for your own use when your child undoubtitly gets sick at 1am and the wont let you put them down, while your trying to look up the doctors number... You will always know right where it is!! It is also great for when you have a baby sitter, they will know all the emergency numbers as well as family members incase they cant get ahold of you and there is an emergency, or they just cant find the cereal :)


Fourth Tab: Calender
Hold all the months important dates!


Back Pocket: Kid Activity Information
This hold the information & flyers for my daughters Gymnastics & Ballet classes. (class times, prices, etc)

Well thats my household binder, it took me about 20mins to put it all together, and it makes My Life Totally Simple!


11 comments:

  1. Oh I admire you! I've been wanting to do that and bought the notebook a couple of years ago, LOL. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you have been inspired. I hope you get out that notebook at make yours! I promise you Will appreciate it when it's done!

      Delete
  2. I love my Sandra boynton desk calender, it has pockets and places to make lists in the back. I've tried the household binder thing, but my desk calender is the system that finally works : )

    I found you through WFMW, I'd love for you to link up on my blog. http://www.lessonsfromivy.com/2012/04/being-content-in-mothering.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you have found what works for you! Every household is different so I'm glad your system works for you and your family! I checked out your blog, love it!

      Delete
  3. I needed to read this post today, as I am working with papers all over my "creating" table. Trying to make sense of it all. Thanks for the inspiration.

    blessings, jilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help you today, and I wish you luck going through all your paper (can be a dreadful task)

      Delete
  4. This is a great household tip. I lived in a resident lab house in college and our professor had one of these set up in the house. It was very helpful for reference when we had emergencies or when it came time to doing the weekly budget for food and essentials. Thanks for showing others how to assemble their own binder. We also had all the paperwork and receipts that came with the household appliances in the one the college used.

    Thanks for sharing this very useful idea at my party this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea I will have to add that to the possibilities for your household binder list!

      Thanks for the comment, I look forward to participating in more link partys in the future too!

      Delete
    2. Hi again....Just wanted you to know I featured this great idea in My Saturday Picks today. There is a button for a feature page or sidebar if you would like it. Thanks again for sharing all your wonderful posts this week.

      Delete
    3. Oh My, thank you! How exciting, first time I have been featured!
      I will deffinatly grab the button!

      Thanks Again,
      Amber Rae
      MY TOTALLY SIMPLE LIFE

      Delete
  5. In my household binder, I also have a list of things that have to be done before going on vacation, a packing list, and a list of things to do immediately upon return. Saves all kinds of time! Also, since we live in a hurricane zone, I keep a list of things to do to prepare the house if we have to evacuate and also items to take with us (insurance papers, prescriptions, etc. that might not be on our vacation list).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...