Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Photo Tips: Part 1

On my photography blog a while back I had a request to do a post on 'how to
make my day to day shots better'.... I though that my readers on this blog would
enjoy these tips as well! I have broke this down and turn it into a few different
posts, but for this one I will start very basic...

Here are your basic 'Hey honey, look over here shots'.. one bad and one good and why...

First our bad...
(this is your average snapshot, just like every other look at me photo out there)

Now, the improved version...

First Tip For You Point-n-Shooters:

GET CLOSER!!!
No longer is the definition of a good head shot is having someone’s
entire head be in the shot. By getting closer, you make the portrait look more contemporary and also more eye-catching.

In The Good Picture, we have what matters–Keelan's face. The top of his head
is cut off a bit, but it’s a dynamic picture because we only see what we need to.

In The Bad Picture, Keelan’s whole head is there, along with the top of the
couch, and the bottom of a painting hanging on the wall... these things distract
you from the subject (or whats important in the photo)..The next time you’re going to take a picture of your kid(s), husband, wife, or family member, take a few steps closer. You’ll be glad you did!

CHECK BACK FOR ANOTHER GREAT TIP ON
MAKING YOUR DAY TO DAY PHOTOS BETTER!

4 comments:

  1. Very good tip! I love taking pictures, and I'm always looking to improve! I found your blog at the "Strut your Stuff" party. New follower! I'd love it if you came and checked out my site! I look forward to more tips in the future!
    Thanks!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you foun me, deffinatly stay tuned for future tips!!
      I will hp on over to your blog too :)

      Delete
  2. I'm still trying to learn how to use my camera, so I need all the tips I can get. Thanks for sharing your great tips on improving pictures of our loved ones. At least that first one includes his head. My grandmother was known for being one of those people that no matter how hard she tried, she normally got the bottom half of you, but not your face. *Hee hee!* Thanks for dropping by Your Cozy Home Party so everyone can find your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haa, sounds like my mother.. she can never center anything or not crop someones head off lol, wedont let her take pictures anymore.

      Stay tuned for more great tip too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...