Friday, June 8, 2012

Homemade Laundry Detergent

HOMEMADE LAUNDRY DETERGENT

Tired of paying high prices for name brand laundry soap?? I was, so I decided to start making my own laundry soap.. and I LOVE it!!! It works great and its so much cheaper!

If you want to try your hand at this money savings Laundry Soap follow the tutorial below:

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 Fels Naptha Soap Bar
  • 20 Mule Team Borax
  • A&H Washing Soda (NOT BAKING SODA)
  • Water


Step 1- Grate the bar of Fels Naptha Soap.


Step 2- Put the soap shavings in a large pot with 8 cups of HOT water.
                 Bring to a slow boil and cook until all the soap has dissolved.


Step 3- Add the cup of Borax and cup of Washing Soda to fully dissolved soap mixture.
                 Bring to a boil and then take off the heat.


 Step 4- Pour mixture into your jugs. (divide the mixture evenly into your 2 jugs/bottles)



Step 5- Pour water into jugs, fill up just a few inched from top.
                 (pour it rather than put it under faucet, it keeps from suds/foam going everywhere)



ENJOY YOUR LAUNDRY DETERGENT!!
It will be watery while it is still hot, but it gets thicker as it cools.. it will be the right consistency over night.
Make sure you shake it before every use to get it all mixed up good!



Here is a video to answer some FAQs about this homemade laundry soap, 
if your question wasn't answered feel free to ask! I love all your questions and comments!



Check Out My Homemade 'SHOUT' Stain Remover to use with your New Homemade Laundry Soap.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is great! Thanks for sharing with us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We'll see you next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. it works great!!

      Amber Rae
      MY TOTALLY SIMPLE LIFE

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your entries in this week's Your Cozy Home Party. It is fun to see real creativity from talented women. Homemade crafts and other ideas created by the party goer is what we like to see. Will look forward to seeing you at next week's Grill, BBQ and Picnic Party. I am going to try your laundry products. I have heard from several others that the homemade ones are really good. ---- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you use different soaps for this? This is really cool... My other half is pretty addicted to the smell of Tide but this is such a money saver, he may have to just deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making my own laundry soap! I do add oxiclean to mine by dissolving it in hot water first, then I just add it to my soap mixture!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering about use with front loading washers.. it doesn't get all crazy outta control sudsy? When you buy detergent for them you're supposed to look for the HE sign. (whatever that means) so I am wondering if this is a concern?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...