Saturday, June 9, 2012

Homemade 'SHOUT' Stain Remover

Since I shared my Homemade Laundry Soap with you I figured I should let you in on
 my awesome Homemade Stain Remover (shout) too...

It is VERY simple to make and cost next to nothing.. and it works GREAT!!!

THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
  • 2/3 cup Ammonia
  • 2/3 cup Dawn Dish Soap
  • 6 tablespoons Baking Soda
  • 2 cups Warm Water
  • Spray Bottle
  • Large Measuring Cup (or bowl)
  • Small Measuring Cup

STEP 1- Mix you ammonia, dawn, and baking soda in the Large Measuring cup (or bowl)
                      **I use a measuring cup because its easier to pour it into the bottle when your done, without having to use a funnel




STEP 2- Add the warm water to mixture and mix well...


STEP 3- Pour your stain remover into your spray bottle


ENJOY YOUR AWESOME NEW STAIN REMOVER (SHOUT)!!
Shake well before every use, just like regular shout.


16 comments:

  1. Love this. I am definitely going to have to make this. Thanks for linky it up!
    Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works great, I even used it to get dog pee out of a rug that I thought was going to be ruined TODAY! haha

      It came right out with the cleaner and a rag... its great and so Cheap to make!

      Delete
    2. In what condition is the rug since the cleaner had Dawn in it? Sticky?

      Delete
  2. I go through this like it's water. Thanks so much!
    I've also pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its great isnt it!!
      Thanks
      Amber Rae
      MY TOTALLY SIMPLE LIFE

      Delete
  3. I'm all about this. I have too messy girls! New follower from blog hop everyday. Love for you to follow back when you get a chance ;)

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a 3 year old daughter so this is great.. I will also be sharing my disinfecting cleaning spray really soon, and its great if you have kids!

      Delete
  4. Question: What's the label widget you are using in blogger? I can only find the floating labels. Not sure I am a fan! Any help would be great!
    julie_marling@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gadget is just called 'Labels'.. and I have it set to cloud. I hope that helped ..

      Delete
  5. New google friend follower from the hop! Would love a follow back.

    www.cumminslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I am following but was under my husband's account when I left a comment.

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here from Keeping It Simple & now following. This looks like it would work really well. How easy to make and we all use tons of the stuff!

    Hugs, Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this stain remover for clothes or carpet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I’d really love to try this but with a front loading washer I already know what’s going to happen. :( The dish detergent will cause too many suds & the machine will stop with SUDS on the screen. I have this happen when there is too much soap left in the dish cloth from the kitchen sink that is put in the laundry. Is there an alternative for Dawn for using in washers that require HE products?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Has anyone tried this on baby food or formula stains? Does it work if so?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds great!! I am considered about how long you can leave it on w/o removing the color. Sometimes I have to let the shout soak in. Anybody have any problems with it? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...