Monday, July 9, 2012

Traveling with a Toddler

Sorry I have been MIA for a while... I have been in Alabama visiting family and just got back last night. While we were getting ready for the trip I was getting Kaidynce Rae's travel stuff ready.. you may remember my Travel Bag post, but for this long trip I knew I would need more!


So I put together a Travel Basket... 
it has everything to keep her busy and plenty of snacks and drinks to keep her happy!


This basket actually had 2 smaller baskets inside of it.. they are stacked on top of each other.
I got the Big basket and both Small baskets at the Dollar store.


Here is all her coloring books, activity books, kids magazines,
 books, drawing pad, and iPad loaded with toddler game apps.


 Top Basket: Snacks and Juice Boxes
Bottom Basket: Crayons, Flash Cards, Stickers, and Wipes


It sit in the middle of the back seat, right next to her car seat so she can access everything herself and put it back when shes done. It made traveling far so easy and she really enjoyed being able to get what she wanted without having to ask, its also easier than the Travel Bag, because you don't have to dig for anything.. its all visible and in reach for K Rae.

8 comments:

  1. Super smart to put it all somewhere a little more visible and accessible! Thanks so much for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really worked out great! glad to be apart of Fun in Functional

      Delete
  2. THIS IS A MUST! haha for any mom with a toddler. I always have this kind of bag/basket along with changes of clothes and wipes for all those messes from the snacks. haha.. We'd love it if you'd share this at our Home is Where the Heart is! http://www.homesteadsimple.com/home-is-where-the-heart-is-link-it-up-wednesdays-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will defiantly share, thanks! and I agree.. a MUST!

      Delete
  3. Awesome! Thanks for sharing :)
    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did this on our last vacation. I was taking my two girls on a 5 hour car trip BY MYSELF. I'm normally the snack waitress in the car, but since I was driving I knew I wouldn't be able to divy out things. So before we left I found princess sandwich bags and fairy sandwich bags at the dollar store. So one girl got a purple basket with fairies and the other pink basket with princess baggies. Then they each got their own bag of sliced apples, chex mix, twizzlers, popcorn, plus capri suns and their own age appropriate books and coloring books. It worked like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what a great idea.. ill have to remember that for when we have our second child!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...